Don't forget to log in to Purple Mash and look at the 2dos section, there are some science and topic activities we've set for you. You can also email each other or the teachers using your Purple Mash email.
Hello Everyone 24.3.20
Most importantly, we hope you are all safe and well.
In addition to the Home-Learning Packs, we would like to draw your attention to another online learning platform, as recommended by our advisory team.
This features activities for English, Maths and other subjects for each year group.
Mrs Cayley and Mrs Haigh
Ash Class Home Learning
In addition to the paper copies of activities sent home with your child, relating to reading comprehension, spelling, topic work and maths, here are some additional suggestions and useful online websites:
- Practise all number bonds and times tables.
- Topmarks – KS1 and KS2
- BBC Supermovers (times tables plus other topics.)
- Mathsframe multiplication check.
- Times Table Rock Stars - free trial, see login details.
- Sumdog, see login details.
- Purple Mash Maths games.
- Poetry Aloud packs - read, share and learn one poem off by heart, rehearsing how it could be performed.
- Write a poem to enter the competition (Unexpected Guests.)
- Listen & watch Michael Rosen perform his poems online.
- 500 Words - Listen to & read 2019's runners-up/winning stories.
- Write a short story of your own - Unexpected Guests.
- BBC School Radio – Talking poetry / Meet the authors.
- Read, read and read some more…..read fiction, non-fiction and poetry. Remember to jot down new words, interesting ideas and characters in your reading record book. Write a book review about your favourite book.
- Find out more about our Roman topic, or start looking into our next topic: The Anglo-Saxons and Vikings.
- Purple Mash topic work and 2dos, 2Type and coding activities.
- Twinkl resources website are offering all parents a free month's membership. You can access a wealth of cross-curricular, age-appropriate learning material, linked to the National Curriculum: www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
Please keep a watchful eye on the school website too for any updates or additional information on home learning tasks. Thank you for your support.